Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-GPIB time out.

I have used 2 kinds PCI-GPIB (one from Agilent, and other from Ni); I have create looping software to acquired the testing data from spectrum Analyzer.

with both computers one with Agilent, and other with Ni PCI GPIB, I have found out that Agilent PCI-GPIB computer continue running looping find forever; but Ni-PCI-GPIB 

computer is failed to acquired the data after 37xx loops count.  Is any one have any idea what configuration that I need to change at the driver level to remove this limitation?

One more for notice:  I have used WindowsXP service pack 3 for both computer with Dell Optiplex GX520.  Everything else loading the same driver.

I have duplicated the same failure all the time from Ni-PCI-GPIB computer; it responses null data.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,146 Views)

What do you mean when you say the computer failed to acquire the data? Does your program produce an error?

Ian K.
Software Developer
Data Ahead AG
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,120 Views)

I have the same problem the GPIB-Read function lockup after 25 successful reads

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,000 Views)

Hi labview-PA,

For further troubleshooting, it would be great to know about the device you're are using, any errors you're receiving, and your software configuration.

I also noticed that this is an older thread. You may receive faster support from the NI Community if you create a new thread!

Briana P.
Licensing
Sr SW Engineering Manager | NI R&D
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,981 Views)