Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-GPIB installation; PCI Bridge device driver

Hi all,
I'm trying to install a PCI-GPIB (driver vers. 1.70) card on a Pentium III PC that's running Windows 2000. After the SW installation I switch off the PC and install the card. At the restart the op. sys. sees a new PCI bridge device but can't find the driver. What's the matter? Please help.

Bye
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,678 Views)
The PCI interface ASIC on the PCI-GPIB loads it's personality from an EEPROM on the board. If this load does not occur, the PCI interface ASIC has a "generic" personality and indicates to the BIOS through a PCI Configuration register that it is an "Other bridge device".

Has this PCI-GPIB ever worked? Is there any visible damage to the PCI board? If you are familiar with the registry, you can read the PCI Device and Vendor IDs for each PCI card from the registry. In Windows 2000 the list is at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI. If the EEPROM load is not occuring, there will be a registry entry beginning with VEN_1093&DEV_0000. The normal entry for a PCI-GPIB should start with VEN_1093&DEV_1093.

If the load from the EEPROM is not occuring o
n your board it probably needs to be RMA'ed.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,678 Views)
A mistake in my answer, the normal entry for a PCI-GPIB should start with VEN_1093&DEV_C801, not VEN_1093&DEV_1093
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,678 Views)
hi dittohead,
thanks for your help.
The card was properly working once. Without apparent reason it ended to work and so I tryed to reinstall it in another PC. Actually the registry entry is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\VEN_1093&DEV_0000&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00, and so I think the load from the EEPROM is not occurring.
How can I have my card RMA'ed ?
thanks again
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,678 Views)
Contact information for National Intruments is available at www.ni.com/support.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,678 Views)