From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-GPIB card not found in linux 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl Fedora Core 1

I am trying to install the nigpib driver on a Fedora Core 1 installation of linux (kernel 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl.) The installation script reports the following errors:

Your kernel appears to be configured properly to build NI-GPIB for Linux.
Do you want to proceed? [yn] y

make: `nigpib.o' is up to date.
Copied nigpib.o driver to modules directory /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/char

Devices created.
Probing for PCI-GPIB.
No PCI-GPIB boards detected.
Do you have an AT-GPIB/TNT board installed? [ny] n
/etc/modules.conf is up to date.

Warning: loading /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/char/nigpib.o will taint the kernel: no license
See http://www.tux.org/lkm
l/#export-tainted for information about tainted modules
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/char/nigpib.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/char/nigpib.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/char/nigpib.o failed

-----
I have moved the PCI-GPIB card to the first PCI slot with no differences in the error messages I recieve. When I run dmesg I recieve the following information:

unable to get major 31 for gpib

Any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,083 Views)