From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oscilloscope Connection

Hi,

I want to connect The Oscilloscpe to my laptop via USB-USB cable, But when I click on "Scan for instrument" the computer doesn't recognize it. I see "No connected instrument detected" while the osciloscope is ON and works. I surfed the internet, It's written the connection is GPIB but I can't see the port which is matched with GPIB cables which we already have.

I have attached the picture of the ports of oscilloscope.

the oscilloscope model" 

LeCroy WaveSurfer 432

Does anyone know what's the reason?

Thanks

Petar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,410 Views)
The usb connection seems a computer interface one' not an instrument side.
You can use ethernet with this scope
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,402 Views)
For a usb connection, the instrument must support USBTMC and your scope does not have that. I don't understand your comment about GPIB. If you have a GPIB controller, use that to connect.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,401 Views)

Thanks for your reply. But, the scope doesn't have the port of GPIB, I have the GPIB controller but which part of the scope should I connect it?

I have attached the picture of the ports of the scope.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,392 Views)

@Petar2015 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. But, the scope doesn't have the port of GPIB, I have the GPIB controller but which part of the scope should I connect it?

I have attached the picture of the ports of the scope.

You should contact LeCroy. They sometimes post on this forum, but since your subject makes no mention of LeCroy, they probably wouldn't see it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,388 Views)

I also used the ethernet, but "Unidentified network"!!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,387 Views)

Thanks, so, I post it again with that subject, hopefully I found the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,384 Views)

Hello Petar2015,

The scope is not USBTMC compliant and does not have a USB remote interface.

You have two options here.  You can purchase the GPIB option for the scope to use with GPIB, or you can use the ENET connection.

The syntax for remote control is the same regardless of the interface.

To use it right away with LabVIEW (no added downloads) select the LXI(VXI11) interface type on the scope.

The IP address will appear next to the setting.

Your VISA resource will look like:  TCPIP0::<ip address of scope>::inst0::INSTR

You can also down load the VICP Passport from the TeledyneLeCroy website and use it with the TCPIP(VICP) interface type selected on the scope.

In this case, your VISA resource will look like:  VICP::<ip address of scope>

Link to TeledyneLeCroy down load area (VICP Passport is available from here):  http://teledynelecroy.com/support/softwaredownload/home.aspx?capid=106&mid=533&smid=

Newer versions of NI-VISA do not detect the VICP resource and the VISA interactive tool no longer works with it.  You can use the resource in LabVIEW though.

I install the passport, enable it in NI-MAX and then go right to LabVEIW and start using it.

Regards,

Leonard Brown
Applications Engineer
Teledyne LeCroy
1-800-553-2769

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,376 Views)

Thanks so much for your reply. I just installed VICP passport. But, you have mentioned that I should enable it in NI mAX, and also change the interface type in the scope.

Actually I'm new in labview, could you please explain more how I can perform these steps(Enabling in NIMAX and changing the interface type)?

And, Is it a remote type of the connection? Don't I need to connect the scope to the PC?

Thansks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,361 Views)

Please someone help me to fine a solution to my problem. I can't even find any manual to use.

Thanks

Petar 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,316 Views)