Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Omega CN8202 Temperature Control Labview Question (Serial Port, RS-232 Communication)

Solved!
Go to solution

I am a complete novice with Labview, as in I just started fidling with it today, so sorry if any of these questions are obvious.

I will be working with an Omega CN8202 temperature controller. As noted in the topic title, the one being used uses serial communications and the RS-232 protocol.  However, the version of LabVIEW being used is from 2007, so I don't think any of the drivers here would work

I only want to be able to set a temperature on the CN8202 from a computer and don't need to do anything regarding ramp or soak times. How could I edit the drivers so that they would work in the 2007 LabVIEW version?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,975 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnsh
There is no such thing as LabVIEW 2007. The actual version is shown when you launch it or open the About window. If it is truly older than 8.0, then post to the version conversion board. Link is at the top of the page on the LabVIEW board.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,970 Views)

Right, okay, I'm not quite sure what version I have, but it's older than 2008 and updating it isn't really an option as there isn't a way for it to connect to the internet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,960 Views)
Please pay attention to what I said. The version is shown when you start or clicking on Help> About.

The oldest version of the driver is for LabVIEW 8.0 as you should clearly see. That is much older than 2008. The board is for down converting if you have 7.1 or older.

You can obviously connect to the internet since you are able to post. A thumb drive can transfer the driver to another pc.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,956 Views)

Oh I misread, I thought you meant updating LabVIEW itself, which I can't do since the computer that has LabVIEW can't connect to the internet. 

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,952 Views)