Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Olympus IX-81 VISA Read Problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I am having the same problem and did the changes mentioned in this post, but they didn't work. IX2-BSW program is working and I tracked the serial commands being written and read. An example is:

write:

32 50 4F 53 3F 0D 0A

2POS?..

read: 

32 50 4F 53 20 33 35 30 30 30 0D 0A

2POS 35000..

However,

1.NI Max test panel gives Read problem error from the test panel

2. Olympus Command VI gives read error as well, when I enter a command (actually the same command with the first message of this topic: 

2POS?\r\n

Since I am new to Labview, I tried everything I found on internet:

1. I changed the COM port settings as in this link and checked from msdos-->MODE if they are really changed:

https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Olympus

Or specifically:

Baud rate: 19200, data bits:8, parity:even, stop bits:2, flow control: RTS/CTS

2. I increased and decreased the timeout time, did not work

3. I am doing everything after restarting the computer again, to be sure.

4. I changed the command string's display property to backslash first, did not work,(which is the same write code written above), I checked it from the serial port monitor:

31 32 50 4F 53 3F 5C 72 5C 6E 

12POS?\r\n

It basically adds '`1' or '`31` in hexadecimal, this is coming from the Device number input in the program. Device no is concatenated to the message

5. .Then I changed the command string's display property to hexadecimal, the same thing happened, a '`1` is added

The device number string is going to two concatenation objects. It (reasonably) adds 0 to the message when I make it 0. It gives error when I remove this from the block diagram, because concatenation wants another input.

What do you suggest me to do? Since there are other inputs to the object, I don't want to change it.  I am assuming there is something I might be missing, any help is appreciated, I attached thescreenshot.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(2,178 Views)

Hi StressedGradStudent,

When you query the device in MAX VISA Test Panels are you sending what the device expects according to the User Manual for the microscope?

Also, I would strongly recommend creating a new thread to increase traffic looking at your issue rather than adding on to a solved thread.

------

Aaron F.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(2,128 Views)