Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise Figure Meter HP 8970

Hi.
I'm looking for Programmer guide for Noise Figure Meter HP8970. The equipment is not supported anymore by Agilent.
Where can I find it in Soft copy?
Is there drivers for this instrument anywhere?

I tryed to use commands for new generation Nose Figure Analyzer NFA series and I saw the correct reaction from the device, however the HP 8970 needs "Enter" after every command & I don't know how to provide it.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,689 Views)
You can find the instrument driver under "ni.com/idnet". Type "HP8979" in and you can download the driver. For simplification i´ve attached the downloaded zip file for you.

Maybe you can find your programmers guide in some search engines like google or so. If not, open the vi´s in the instrument driver (HP8970.zip or HP970.llb) and refer to the commands listed there.

I recommend you to configure your GPIB settings in MAX (prove especially Termination character). You said that you need "Enter" (= 0x0D or CR) after every command. Use the constant "End of Line" which you can find in the string palette in block diagram if the right setting of termination character does not bring up the right result.
Message 2 of 3
(3,686 Views)
This is great
Thank you very much
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,681 Views)