Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIMax.exe has generated errors

My system was working fine till this morning. I had to reconnect GPIB cables. I did that and ever since then, i'm unable to use MAX. As soon as i open MAX and click on "Devices and Interface", i get this error - "nimax.exe has generated errors and will be closed down by windows. You need to restart the program". I uninstalled LV 6.0 and MAX 3.1 and reinstalled LV 6.0 and MAX 3.2. The problem still is the same .. PLEASE HELP IMMEDIATELY !!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,865 Views)
Does the problem persist when your GPIB devices are not connected to your system? When you say you installed NI-MAX 3.2 do you mean NI-MAX 3.1.1? Please let us know, and we'll get you up and runnin'!

Logan S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,857 Views)
Yes i meant 3.1.1.
I have connected the GPIB cables, but all the instruments are turned OFF.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,855 Views)
Perhaps in the reinstallation of MAX the configuration data files have been corrupted. One way we can check this is to close MAX, and then delete the Data folder found in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MAX. This will basically give you a clean slate in MAX to start from. WARNING: Deleting the Data folder will remove all MAX configurations. New configuration files will be created when MAX is reopened. If this is something that's possible for you, please try it, and let us know if it allows you to reopen MAX and move on. If not, we'll keep trying.

Logan S.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,844 Views)