From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-USB-8451 1.8V logic not working - Error

Hello,

I have an NI-USB-8451. Using LV13

I cannot set up the device using1.8V logic. I get an error on the first argument, which is the logic level. Work fine for 3.3V.

My pullup enable also fails, but I gave up on that a long time ago.

I have verified that this device support multiple logic levels in the reference manual. 

Why cannot I not configure this device for 1.8V logic and pullups? This is rediculous..

I am using 2.1.2f version of the drivers, and I can see it in automation and explorer.

I can use this day in and day out in 3.,3V logic, just can't set it up for 1.8V logic, or 2.5..so any of the non-defaults, it fails.

*** SEE ATTACHED 2 PICTURES.

Thanks for the help,

-Peter

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,365 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,351 Views)

Yeah I see it now. Interesting I have to dig through multiple documents, their SW doc even shows to use the voltage I/O parameter to 'set' the I/O level. i

Well they better take it back, this is BS. I even talked to their direct sales people and made the purcahse through them. I specifically asked them what was the difference? Their reply? "It's the new version, same thing" How do they sell this stuff if they don't even know WTF they are doing?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,340 Views)