From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-Serial 15.0 Installation Induced Havoc

Attempting to use the NI-USB USB-to-RS232 adapter, I downloaded NI-Serial 15.0 and installed the software suite. Upon restarting, I received a Windows Genuine Advantage error stating my copy of Windows is not genuine (it is), my touchpad driver was damaged - I'm limited to basic functionality and the driver icon doesn't display in the system tray, as well as my Intel wireless drivers, and finally Skype for Business errors upon launching.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,987 Views)

Hi Ewilliams,

Sorry, this issue sounds very unfortunate. I googled your issue and the only relevant resources are all Windows-related, so I'm wondering if there's a slim chance the timing was coincidental. Here is a compilation of advice from CNet regarding how to resolve this error when it pops.

Cnet: https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/this-copy-of-windows-not-genuine-how-do-i-fix-this-619798/

Do you still have the functionality on your machine to push it back to a previous image?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,945 Views)

Unfortunately, the computer in question was a corporate IT asset and the resolution was re-imaging. Hopefully this was just a fluke, as we will need to install these drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,921 Views)

Hi Ewilliams,

Let us know how it goes once you have a chance to do so. Be sure you install LabVIEW before all hardware drivers!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,910 Views)