Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-Serial 15.0 Installation Induced Havoc

Attempting to use the NI-USB USB-to-RS232 adapter, I downloaded NI-Serial 15.0 and installed the software suite. Upon restarting, I received a Windows Genuine Advantage error stating my copy of Windows is not genuine (it is), my touchpad driver was damaged - I'm limited to basic functionality and the driver icon doesn't display in the system tray, as well as my Intel wireless drivers, and finally Skype for Business errors upon launching.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,993 Views)

Hi Ewilliams,

Sorry, this issue sounds very unfortunate. I googled your issue and the only relevant resources are all Windows-related, so I'm wondering if there's a slim chance the timing was coincidental. Here is a compilation of advice from CNet regarding how to resolve this error when it pops.

Cnet: https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/this-copy-of-windows-not-genuine-how-do-i-fix-this-619798/

Do you still have the functionality on your machine to push it back to a previous image?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,951 Views)

Unfortunately, the computer in question was a corporate IT asset and the resolution was re-imaging. Hopefully this was just a fluke, as we will need to install these drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,927 Views)

Hi Ewilliams,

Let us know how it goes once you have a chance to do so. Be sure you install LabVIEW before all hardware drivers!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,916 Views)