Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-MAX only finds one remote system

Hi all!

Is there a restriction in NI-MAX that only allows one remote system? I ask because my NI-MAX can only find one remote system out of the three remote systems I have. All four have NI-VISA server started. When I try to add it to the remote options, MAX tells me that it already exists as a MAX remote system.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,631 Views)

Should find everything.  How is it connected?  For ethernet, is everything on the same subnet?

I've had to add remote systems manually before, since occasionally I'll need to talk to a machine in the lab or manufacturing floor that's on a different subnet than my workstation.  Copy the IP, right-click and "create new", VISA system, key in the IP, and next-next-next-finish.

This assumes your network doesn't have firewalls between subnets (unlikely), or that those ports are open between network segments.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,599 Views)

Snowmule,

Sorry for the late reply.

Everything is connected to the same network. I tried adding it manually and adding it as a visa system. When I tried adding it manually, it says that it's already a VISA system. My firewalls and ports are open between the networks, so I'm not sure what I'm missing here. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,498 Views)