From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-MAX for VISA 4.2 Runtime

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've been searching for over an hour and have not come up with anything. Is there a runtime version of NI-MAX? I have deployed LabVIEW executables on many other PCs and am having a problem on one of them where the VISA Find Resource vi does not return the exact same COM port list as does the VISA Configure Serial Port vi's drop-down list box. For example, the list box might show COM1, COM4, and COM10, but the VISA Find Resource vi shows ASRL1::INSTR, ASRL4::INSTR, and ASRL12::INSTR (this one should be ASRL10::INSTR). So I need a program like NI-MAX to change of the alias on the PC with the VISA 4.2 runtime engine so that it matches what the VISA Configure Serial Port vi shows, which incidentially matches what is shown in Device Manager.

Tthe PC in question does NOT have the LabVIEW development environment installed, so it doesn't have NI-MAX. Is there a stand-alone exe of NI-MAX I can install on other PCs without the LV IDE?

Please help. Thank you,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,277 Views)

Will manually editing visaconf.ini do the trick?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,258 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Edjsch

I just tried manually editing visaconf.ini and it worked! I guess VISA Find Resource vi is just reading that file. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,235 Views)