Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX crash on exit

I find that NI MAX v 15 and v 16 crash upon exit with error  "Noncontinuable exception (0xC0000025) at EIP=0x00000000". It happens every time on every computer. I've been sending error reports to NI for a year a so, I wonder if someone would like to take a look at this, It's getting a bit embarrassing for me when peddling NI products to users.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,431 Views)

Hi Fedor,

When does this happens? Everytime you try to close NIMAX? Or during the execution of a task?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,400 Views)

Hi David,

It happens every time I close NIMAX if any changes were made to configuration, such as changing device alias or adding a TCP socket. The changes are preserved between NIMAX sessions though.

Fedor.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,397 Views)

It sounds like your IT department has closed a port that NI services need open

Read This - then send it to your IT guys

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,390 Views)

Jeff,

Which port? Read what?

Regards,

Fedor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,385 Views)

Somehow the link didn't make it. I edited the previous post to get the link back where I intended itSmiley Mad

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,378 Views)

Jeff,

Thanks for link.

After I disable firewall, NI-MAX still crash with the same error number.

Fedor. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,316 Views)

Is this possibly happening with the Windows 10 Secure Host Baseline or another version of Windows with enhanced group security policies applied?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,113 Views)

We are using windows 7 pro 64 bit. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,057 Views)

The next time you send the report, first click the Details button on the warning/send report dialog and copy and paste that info here. Then after sending the report, please go to your C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MAX\Logs\MAX\ folder in Windows Explorer, sort by date, and copy the name of the most recent folder and paste that here, too. The folder name is the report id we need to look up the crash data reported.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,053 Views)