Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX Freezes

Hi,

Every time I start the NI MAX it freezes. At first it shows the splash screen and then attempts to establish a network connection (?).

After those changes, the NI MAX window freezes. It won't respond. I've been waiting for an hour or so and I had to kill the process.

I'm using the v15, two GPIBs (one of them brand new) and a PXI with the cards PXI-4070 and the 6341.

The same happens when I try to use VISA on LabVIEW, I select the "Open VISA" VI and when I try to add the "port" it freezes as well.

What is going on? I'm getting real dissapointed due to the value of the products that I have and none of them seem to work just fine.

I have Windows 7 Professional SP1. One of the GPIBs is attached to a Power Supply and the other one is attached to a multimeter Agilent 34401A.

I didn't mean to be rude, but it's getting really frustrating.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,382 Views)
I would recommend that you start simple. That means disconnecting the pxi and one of the controllers (why have two anyway). Try resetting the MAX database and rebooting the pc.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,373 Views)

I had to restart the computer (because otherwise I will never be able to resetting the database), then I was able to reset the database. Now it's opening "correctly" , but it shows a message about an internal error:

Unexpected_internal_warning.gif

And the interesting thing is that, when it shows one of these messages it works a little bit fine. But when it shows two of them, it freezes (is like the database is being corrupted again) and I don't know why. The last thing happened just after I closed the NI MAX and I didn't plug any device.

A few weeks ago I had the Error 1612.

Any other suggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,359 Views)

??

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,335 Views)