From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX Freezes

Hi,

Every time I start the NI MAX it freezes. At first it shows the splash screen and then attempts to establish a network connection (?).

After those changes, the NI MAX window freezes. It won't respond. I've been waiting for an hour or so and I had to kill the process.

I'm using the v15, two GPIBs (one of them brand new) and a PXI with the cards PXI-4070 and the 6341.

The same happens when I try to use VISA on LabVIEW, I select the "Open VISA" VI and when I try to add the "port" it freezes as well.

What is going on? I'm getting real dissapointed due to the value of the products that I have and none of them seem to work just fine.

I have Windows 7 Professional SP1. One of the GPIBs is attached to a Power Supply and the other one is attached to a multimeter Agilent 34401A.

I didn't mean to be rude, but it's getting really frustrating.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,377 Views)
I would recommend that you start simple. That means disconnecting the pxi and one of the controllers (why have two anyway). Try resetting the MAX database and rebooting the pc.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,368 Views)

I had to restart the computer (because otherwise I will never be able to resetting the database), then I was able to reset the database. Now it's opening "correctly" , but it shows a message about an internal error:

Unexpected_internal_warning.gif

And the interesting thing is that, when it shows one of these messages it works a little bit fine. But when it shows two of them, it freezes (is like the database is being corrupted again) and I don't know why. The last thing happened just after I closed the NI MAX and I didn't plug any device.

A few weeks ago I had the Error 1612.

Any other suggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,354 Views)

??

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,330 Views)