From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI IO Trace Prevented From Working Due to a Visa32.DLL Incompatibility

During attempts to open NI IO Trace and enable the capture, or start capture action, I found initially visa32.dll to be an issue.

I get the message  

NI I/O Trace
---------------------------
The NI-VISA file C:\WINDOWS\system32\visa32.dll is not built for NI I/O Trace.  To fix the problem, please reinstall the National Instruments software for this API.
OK  
I have since installed NI MAX to 5.4, NI VISA to 5.4.0 and NI 488.2 to 3.1.1. I reinstalled the NI IO Trace as a separate download.
After restarting many times I do not overcome this problem.

What is the solution to get this working. I am running on XP with WIN32 bit.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,377 Views)

Hi,

I don't know if this will help, but I had a problem with OI trace after migrating to Windows 7.

The NI IO Trace application would just hang when started from the Start menu. The window wouldn't display but the app was running in task manager.

When I click on NiSpy.exe in the same folder in Explorer, the IO Trace app starts without any problems

Don't ask me why, but it worked. 

Good luck.

Curt

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,370 Views)

Hi,

It might be that you have Visa.dll from other vendor. Find Visa.dll file and check if it is from NI. If not, then rename it and then repair NI Visa Runtime from Programs and Features in Windows.

Message 3 of 3
(3,316 Views)