Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-488.2 does work on Windows XP Mode within Windows 7

Why doesn't NI-488.2 3.0 show in the Support list for GPIB drivers??

http://sine.ni.com/psp/app/doc/p/id/psp-354

lists version 2.7 as the latest.

I had to find this post to find the link to version 3.0!  Poor documentation / support by National Instruments!!

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 55
(1,948 Views)

Hi Matt,

Sorry for the inconvenience.  Our Product Support Pages are automatically updating which should ensure that the information on them is updated as soon as we release a new driver.  But as you have seen, our tool has not updated these recently.  The regular drivers and updates searches are not effected and will return the correct results. Our web team is aware of this problem and is hoping to have a fix rolled out soon.  Thank you for your patience.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
Message 52 of 55
(1,916 Views)

Great, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 55
(1,907 Views)

By the way, I should clarify that NI-488.2 version 3.0 DID SUCCESSFULLY enable me to use GPIB-USB-HS hardware on a Win7 machine with XP mode ("Windows Virtual PC") enabled.

This is important to me & probably 100s of other NI software/hardware users who are dealing with the end of Microsoft XP support and are upgrading their PCs to new, which in many companies means their IT Dept. is supplying them Win7 machines, but there's 100s of released programs that are using code that is not compatible with Win7.

Key examples of this are the lvjpeg.dll & lvpng.dll, which do not work with .EXEs built using LabVIEW 7.1 Application Builder, which is what I am still using.

I hope others can find this post -- it looks like there are many people encountering the same issue, based on the # of posts on this thread where people were practically begging National Instruments for a solution!

Also, I called NI support & they told me, officially & otherwise (but incorrectly), that there is no way to do this!  Who knows how many other people got the same incorrect answer?? What will they do??  If they can't convince their management, IT, etc., to keep their PCs on WinXP, they'll probably decide that, since they have to re-write all their from scratch, they might as well start over by not using NI software!

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 55
(1,875 Views)

Hi Matt,

The issues we were having with the GPIB-USB-HS not listing the most current drivers on the product support page been resolved: http://sine.ni.com/psp/app/doc/p/id/psp-354 

Thank you for making us aware of this issue.

Have a great day,

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
Message 55 of 55
(1,834 Views)