From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NE 500 syringe pump continuously changing flow rate

Hi

I have NE 500 syringe pumps and try to program using labview. Attached is the VIs from the pump company. I want to change the flow rate while the pump is running. It seems for this VI, the flow rate can only be changed after pausing the VI. I am trying to make the pump able to do step rates and rates changed as a function of time. Is there a way to do that? Can I modify the VI or I have to do it in a completely different way?

Appreciate any help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,762 Views)

@Microsomethings wrote:

Hi

I have NE 500 syringe pumps and try to program using labview. Attached is the VIs from the pump company. I want to change the flow rate while the pump is running. It seems for this VI, the flow rate can only be changed after pausing the VI. I am trying to make the pump able to do step rates and rates changed as a function of time. Is there a way to do that? Can I modify the VI or I have to do it in a completely different way?

Appreciate any help

Pausing the VI?

What does that mean?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,759 Views)

I have to stop the pump then change the rate and start again, instead of change the rate directly while the pump is infusing/withdrawing

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,752 Views)

That main VI is a mess.  But if you look at the Set Pump Parameters (SubVI).vi, you will see the command for setting the flow rate.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,750 Views)

Hy,

TOT.vi-->

my problem is that when I press the send key from the setup mode the only parameter that comes to run mode is the direction while the target volume and the flow rate are those with which the pump worked last time and not the ones just set

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,374 Views)