From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N6705B connectivity via GPIB interface in UNIX

Hi

i had an N6705B device my requirement is like below

• I need to control this device via an GPIB interface in linux PC.
  • for the above i am using an GPIB to GPIB cable and connected the N6705B and amy linux device.
  • Now i have to connect/login in to the N6705B device and do the settings like setting voltage for the DUT (IC chip) and collect measurement for various test scenarios of DUT.

For example i have to set the input voltage as 3.7v to my test device(which is an wifi device) and connect it to an access point(connection will be done manaully) so during the connection stage i have to measure the current consumed by the device (taken across power amplifer). 

I think there are SCPI commands whcih i notice in the AGilent 14585 control software which do the same (the software support is there in windows 7 via an GUI), is there any posibility now this commands i can send to the agilent N6705B device by logging into it from a linux PC.

Thanks

Varun.P

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,617 Views)