From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRio Cannot Communicate When the Getting Started Wizard Tries to Set Date and Time

I cannot seem to get MyRio to communicate with my computer. I have installed all the items on both discs and applied any updates that it asked me to do. I plug in the MyRio, the device window pops up and I click the Getting Started Wizard. The myRio is found by the computer and I click on it. It says checking software, then asks me to rename it. I do so and then it attempts to set the date and time. At this point it says it cannot communicate with the myRio and to check that the power supply and USB are plugged in, which are obviously connected since the computer was able to find the myRio in the first place.

NI MAX can see the myRio, says that it is in "Safe Mode (Software not installed)."

There may be a problem with conflicting LabViews, since I had 2012 originally before installing the 2014 packages. Does anyone know if the myRio discs are installing the full LabView 2014, or just packages for LabView 2014 that will not work without first installing the full LabView 2014? Or is there a quick fix for this?

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,341 Views)

There is a separate message board Academic Hardware Products (ELVIS, myDAQ, myRIO)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,325 Views)