Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My code is not getting the throughput needed for my application.

I am trying to acquire microphone data at 10kHz on 8 channels while acquiring GPS (GPS Clock 200) data at 1Hz and digital compass (Honeywell HMR3000) data at 10Hz. I am writing this data to a USB 1.1 thumbdrive in binary. The mic data is acquired through a Measurement Computing PMD 1608-FS (USB), and the GPS and digital are acquired serially. I have the labview code written, and it works fine on my base PC (P4 1.8GHz w/512MB RAM). I am trying to run this code on a single board computer with a Transmeta Crusoe 733MHz with ~300MB RAM, but it won't update fast enough. I'm fairly new at Labview (7.1 in my case), and I need a solution, tip, help. You name it. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,903 Views)
Burt,

at first I'd have a look at the resulting data rates, buffer sizes etc and estimate, if this fits into the capabilities of your machine and ports.
One needs the size of your single data (8 ch * 10 kHz * U8 is 80kB/s, whereas using Dbl one gets 640 kB/s). Tell us also the operating system your SW runs on (XP would occupy about 120-150 MB on your Crusoe board, so leaving just about 150-200 MB for LabVIEW, your code and your data). Depending of your code size this might become difficult.
Try to get some more data about your project and your code. In LabVIEW, press >Ctrl> and select 'memory usage'. This will give you the real numbers of your code. If you do this before you have started your code and after it has run and fallen behind its scheme, you have your data usage.

We'd need these numbers to give more detailled hints.

Greetings from Germany!
--
Uwe Frenz
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,898 Views)