Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My application (NI 6.1, Serial vi's) for RS232 usage. Port works OK at start up, the appl exits and closed the port OK, but port h

angs if not used for about 10 mins. Restart LV does not help. Have to either pull USB plug out of the port (I use USB-RS232 convertor) or restart the PC. Can I use to reset the port thru my aplication? Re-initialisation / clearing of buffers does not help.I am not sure if the problem is due to the USB port convertor or just that the CLOSE vi is not working right. The problem shows up only after longish periods of inactivity on the (closed) port.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,090 Views)
angs if not used for about 10 mins. Restart LV does not help. Have to either pull USB plug out of the port (I use USB-RS232 convertor) or restart the PC. Can I use to reset the port thru my aplication? Re-initialisation / clearing of buffers does not help.What brand USB-232 converter are you using?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,090 Views)
angs if not used for about 10 mins. Restart LV does not help. Have to either pull USB plug out of the port (I use USB-RS232 convertor) or restart the PC. Can I use to reset the port thru my aplication? Re-initialisation / clearing of buffers does not help.I think it is Magic Corporation.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,090 Views)
angs if not used for about 10 mins. Restart LV does not help. Have to either pull USB plug out of the port (I use USB-RS232 convertor) or restart the PC. Can I use to reset the port thru my aplication? Re-initialisation / clearing of buffers does not help.If closing LabVIEW does not clear the problem you may have a hardware driver issue. Can you reproduce the problem with hyperterm?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,090 Views)
angs if not used for about 10 mins. Restart LV does not help. Have to either pull USB plug out of the port (I use USB-RS232 convertor) or restart the PC. Can I use to reset the port thru my aplication? Re-initialisation / clearing of buffers does not help.I am going to try to use a machine which has an rs232 port rather than an emulator on USB. Will also try thru hyperterm and see whether it works right.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,090 Views)