From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring a Watlow F4 Controller

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello LennyBogzy,

Thanks for the quick share.....

I will try running code tomorrow and provide feedback.

I may have several questions. 

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 89
(3,148 Views)

LennyBogzy,

I attempted running the code and it appears that I am not communicating with the F4D Controller.

Using : Ni USB-232 adaper ( 9pin male ) -----> Cross Over (NULL) adpter ( 9 pin female ) ---------> RS232 panel on chamber (9 pin male)

See timeout error via NI-MAX.

Running your program on Labview 2013.

Regards,

SpitfirMk9

0 Kudos
Message 72 of 89
(3,122 Views)
Do you have the right com port selected in the gui? Where does execution fail if you highlight in the vi?
0 Kudos
Message 73 of 89
(3,117 Views)

LennyBogzy,

Yes. COM 4......

See profile monitor and easy setup configuration attached. 

SpitfireMk9

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 74 of 89
(3,113 Views)
Time to dig into the code:) my guess is it might have to do with baud rate settings. Highlight execution in the VI and see where it breaks.
0 Kudos
Message 75 of 89
(3,107 Views)

Lennybogzy,

It works now. For some reason, I had to wait a little longer until the F4D controller accepts the programmed profile.

For experimental purposes, I obsereved that you will need to be conservative with the amount of time you want to ramp temperature along with relative humidity.

That probably expalins why you put an hour as default.

Running profiles as an exercise. I will review code so as to add to my knowledge.

Thanks for sharing the library.

Regards,

SpitifreMK9

0 Kudos
Message 76 of 89
(3,080 Views)

Hello everyone. I'm currently trying to control a Watlow F4 via GPIB. I've tried the librairy used here, and it seems to me that it works only with a RS232 connection. Could anyone confirm that to me ? If so, do I have to do big modifications in order to use these or do I have to create something entirely different ? Are there advantages in using GPIB and not RS232 ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 89
(3,037 Views)

Hi folks,

I'm currently trying to design a VI to just modify the set point of a F4 controller (tempearature for an espec tempearature room).

I' ve tried to simply used the "WLF4 Utility Write To Register" VI but without any succes. I know that the register value is 300 and that I need to add 40001 to this value.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Brice

@Klunst:

I don't know really what do you mean, but even if you are able to connect through GPIB, you still have to use the MODBUS protocol for the communication itself.

0 Kudos
Message 78 of 89
(2,957 Views)

Hi nevermind, I solved the problem using the MODBUS library of NI.

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 89
(2,940 Views)

PC Chemist,

I am currently setting up a series of experiments that will change the temperature and humidity of an Associated Enviormental System's Chamber using a Watflow F4D controller. I have been troubleshooting my VI and this thread seems to have the same errors I was getting. I was hoping you could share your VI with me as a skeleton for this project. 

Best,

Naim876

0 Kudos
Message 80 of 89
(2,518 Views)