From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem vs Visa

Hello,

I've my labview stand alone application that talks with an external device over RS232. The things go well with every kind of modem (analog or gsm type), but when i try to use the internal one (Pctel hsp56 MR data/fax), although the same parameters settings ( no flow control hard&software beyond the same AT parameters setting, i hope! ) when i run Visa close, the modem hang up. The same thing does not occurs when i use others modems with the same code. Has someone idea of the AT command that is related to Visa close?

Thanks for your attention,

Have a good code.

Chyrus
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,888 Views)
Hi,

AFAIK there is no relation. Those two commands are on different layers of the protocol. AT-commands are issued using VISA.

I'd suspect some default settings made by VISA at close with some of the flow control lines. You may try to use NI-SPY to look for such. As this is an internal (and maybe even virtual) modem you may not be abel to measure the flow control line levels.
Greetings from Germany!
--
Uwe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,880 Views)