From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus communication problem

Thank you very much but one sub-VI is missing "Msec timer". Could you send me too pls ? 😄

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,980 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,969 Views)

Hello,

Apparently, this VI works but it doesn't transmit any datas. However, this VI is great and fix a visa problem that I have because I don't receive -1073807298 error code with visa read or write. (1073676294 meaning that we received the same bits number that we had sent)

In conclusion, communication is good but no datas are transmitted with the USB cable ? (I'll try to make the communication with a RS232 cable as soon as I receive the serial pinout of the bench)

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,955 Views)

You say 'No data transmitted'

Well since the ModBus command is OK there is data transmitted (the ModBus comamnd) and data received (the ModBus answer)

Which ModBus lib are you using ? Can you post it here ?

Kees

Message 14 of 16
(1,943 Views)

Finally it worked !!! I am using different labraries, and among them is the most common modbus library, and the plasmionique modbus library that you can find in the link below :

https://lavag.org/topic/19544-cr-plasmionique-modbus-master/

Last time I ran the Plasmionique Com Tester, I forgot to also run "MB slave example"... (no comment 😛 )

Thank you KC for you help anyway 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,935 Views)

hi all, more informations here

A+ Luc

banniere Luc Livre NXG Champion.png

Luc Desruelle | Mon profil | Mon blog LabVIEW | Auteur livre LabVIEW : Programmation et applications - G Web
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) & Certified TestStand Developper (CTD) | LabVIEW Champion

MESULOG - LinkedIn site | NERYS - NERYS Group
| directeur CEO MESULOG
| CODIR - NERYS group

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,922 Views)