From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed signal scope AG54622D using driver AG5462X.vi yields 44 second delay before it completes.

I am trying to read data from an AG54622D using driver AG5462X.vi but there is a 44 second delay before it completes.  The data looks valid but I can't seem to solve the extended delay problem.  Also the timeout setting seems inconsistent with the results I see.  All I have is the context help for this driver; I have not been able to find more detailed help or any examples since they did not seem to come along with the driver as they did for other instruments I am using.  I am a bit new to this.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,493 Views)
Did you look in Help> Find Examples> Hardware Input and Output?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,487 Views)

I did, but can't find anything there specific to this instrument or driver.  (Perhaps I am not searching properly.)  However, I did find a second driver that comes with an example that works.  This one is labeled "Agilent 546XX series" instead of "Agilent 5462X series".  The icons for the VI's look almost identical but they are not compatible because apparently they are "VISA" instead of "IVI".  In any case, the folder comes with examples just like the other drivers I have downloaded and the pertinent one seems to run fine.  So I will redo it with the new driver.   I am not sure what is wrong with the driver I was using.  Is it broken or is it just not appropriate for some reason?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,452 Views)

@tim1957 wrote:

I did, but can't find anything there specific to this instrument or driver.  (Perhaps I am not searching properly.)  However, I did find a second driver that comes with an example that works.  This one is labeled "Agilent 546XX series" instead of "Agilent 5462X series".  The icons for the VI's look almost identical but they are not compatible because apparently they are "VISA" instead of "IVI".  In any case, the folder comes with examples just like the other drivers I have downloaded and the pertinent one seems to run fine.  So I will redo it with the new driver.   I am not sure what is wrong with the driver I was using.  Is it broken or is it just not appropriate for some reason?  Thanks.

You may not have installed the driver required for IVI.  http://www.ivifoundation.org/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,446 Views)

How can I tell?  I don't see any downloads from the link you provided or I would just try to install it again.  Might this have been downloaded when labview was installed?  How can I check?  I would have guessed that if this driver was not installed, none of the drivers in the "Agilent 5462X series" folder would run but the only problem is with one of them which hangs up for a while and then runs.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,434 Views)
The IVI Compliance Package will be shown in MAX. If you aren't familiar with IVI, why did you download that driver in the first place?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,425 Views)

It does show up in MAX, showing version 4.5.  In truth, I am no more familiar with VISA than IVI and if I see a driver with my instrument model on it I am likely to try it.  Labview is not a career for me and there is lots I might not understand, but I expect I will be able to muddle through to get the job done.  So please don't be frustrated with my ignorance on the subject, but my experience in other areas tells me that if the driver is not installed the thing won't run at all.  So why would you expect the driver is not loaded if it works but only with a long hang up?  There seems to be many more vi's in the IVI driver folder than in the VISA drive folder, so if I could get them both working that would be great.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,420 Views)