From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message "Unable to find nigpib.inf You need to reinstall the NI-488.2 driver

I get the Message "Unable to find nigpib.inf You need to reinstall the NI-488.2 driver software" before the Getting Started Wizard starts. I cannot find this file on the NI provided CD labeled NI-488.2 for windows version 2.2. Help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,139 Views)
First, what GPIB hardware (part number and serial number) are you trying to install, and what is the operating system?

Next, please go to Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) Help to generate reports from the System Information and Support Section. Please post the operating system and NI Software info.

Also, please describe the state of your machine before the NI-488.2 installation, and how you progressed through it before reaching the error. For instance, I installed LabVIEW 7.1 and all the default settings of the Device Driver CD, and then installed .... The MAX report and this will help determine how the system got into its state. If you got any errors during the process of installation, please describe in as much detail as you can.

Based o
n the information above, I may have other suggestions about how to resolve this problem, but you may try the following first: Go to Add/Remove Programs and choose to Reinstall the NI-488.2 driver in the National Instruments Software section. Reboot, and try to run the Getting Started Wizard again.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,139 Views)