From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement System with Scanner 2080 PREMA

I have a Measurement System with: One GPIB target KEITHLEY, one Multimeter HP 3458A and a Scanner 2080 PREMA, I want to develop a System of Measurement in Labview, but when I was searching the drivers of all, I couldn't find Scanner 2080's driver. How can I give this driver?? or How can I do my measuremet System??? Can I use other driver in place of scanner 2080'driver??
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,836 Views)
You have a couple of options. First, check with Prema if they have a driver. Second, you can request that NI develop a driver for you by going here. NI does driver development based on demand and there is no guarantee that they will do it for you. Third, you can pay someone to do it for you. There is a worldwide network of third-party LabVIEW developers called the Alliance Program. Forth, you can develop the driver yourself. LabVIEW 7.x has the Instrument I/O Assistant that you can use for basic tasks htough it's not as flexible as a true driver. You can also find templates and instructions on creating your own driver here. There is no specific template for a switch or scanner but these are generally pretty simple and looking at a driver for something similar (i.e. HP34970) should give you an idea on how to get started.
Message 2 of 2
(2,829 Views)