From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure-speed sometimes slows down to half on NT

Have an Dos-application running on NT on DOS window, my GPIB-board is a PCI 488, and driver delivered driver installed. All seems to work properly, but...
I have a several applications running and working nice under DOS with the same measure code
the application makes a several measuring and it is time critical, because the measure signal changes after a several milliseconds, this is controlled by my applications throw a timer, witch also seems to slow down????
The software is written in BORLAND C.
Does anybody know a solution??
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,826 Views)
Hello ‘Developer Suede’!

I am sorry that I don’t fully understand your questions and your problems so I have to ask you a few questions.

You have a computer with a PCI-488.2 board mounted + the NI-488.2 driver installed. Which version of the driver are you using?

What other applications do you have running at the same time? What is the same measure code? Is it the GPIB program?

The application makes several measurements, what kind of measuring are you trying to do? Which instruments are you calling? Is the application you have written time-critical?

What other than the timer slows down? And what do you mean with that the timer slows down?

Regards,
Jimmie A.
Applications Engineer, National Instruments
Regards,
Jimmie Adolph
Systems Engineering Manager, National Instruments Northern European Region

Message 2 of 2
(2,817 Views)