From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX IP Device alias lost on reboot

We are using Agilent (Keysight) equipment in our test rack and we are looking to switch from USB to IP.  On the system we have a 53220A Frequency counter.  I have it set to a static IP address, as the test PC is a dual NIC, where the test equipment is on its own network.

The issue is that every time the device is restarted, the Alias in MAX in reset.   I click on the device under the "Netowrk Devices" and then go to VISA Alias on my system and change it to "53220A" and press Save.  If the PC or the Freq counter is reset, MAX then sees it as TCPIP0::A-53220A-05883.local::inst0::INSTR.

Also, do you know why the 53220A would show up as TCPIP0::A-53220A-05883.local::inst0::INSTR and all the other instruments (4 other agilent) show up as TCPIP0::<IP ADDRESS>::inst0::INSTR??  I undesrstand that the 53220 is using the hostname instead of the IP address, but dont know why.

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,699 Views)
Message 2 of 2
(4,697 Views)