Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX API

Hello,

I would like to know if there is an API for Measurement and Automation eXplorer?
It woud be to configure IVI instrument drivers under MAX with a CVI application.

Regards, Pascal.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,340 Views)
Hi,

IVI Engine 2.0 has function which returns handle to Config Store. This function you can find in IVI Library>>Configuration>>GetConfigStoreHandle. This handle you can use for function from IviConfigServer.h.

I attached test.c file which reads all logical names from your config store. More information, you can find in IviConfigStore specification on www.ivifoundation.org.

Regards,
Zdenek
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,340 Views)
Hello Pascal,

The IVI Foundation has defined a C API to programmatically access and modify any IVI Configuration Store file. This API is defined in the IVI-3.5 IVI Configuration Server specification and is installed as part of the NI IVI Compliance Package 2.x. The relevant files are installed in the C:\Program Files\IVI\ directories. These are IviConfigurationServer.h, IviConfigurationServer.lib, and IviConfigurationServerCAPI.dll.

Atteched is a simple example on how to programmatically access the configuration file.

I hope this helps!

Vesna Jadric
Instrument Driver/IVI
National Instruments
Message 3 of 3
(3,340 Views)