Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a Labview controllable relay or switch

Hi Guys,

I have a Labview controllable power supply, which does not have the ability to change its polarity. Since I need to do that with Labview, I want to build a circuit with a Labview controllable Relay or even better just a switch to do so. I tried to find something like that, but wasnt succsessful yet. Does someone know a device like that and can help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Joni

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,896 Views)

How do you want to connect to said relay?  PXI?  Digital Output?  LAN?  Serial?

What type of relay?  How much current draw does it need to handle?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,889 Views)

Ah, sorry forgot about that.

Best would be a USB connection.

It should be able to pass a current of up to 8 Ampere.

It only needs to be able to switch beween the two inputs with different polarity.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,881 Views)

Sounds like you will want a USB DAQ board that has digital outputs on it.  You will then need to develop a circuit to control the DPDT relay.  You will need a buffer circuit to increase the current of the digital lines.  You can find all the parts you need on Digikey.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,873 Views)

Yes I had the same thought. I am using an USB DAQ with output capability for other things, but I was hoping for an easier solution.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,853 Views)

Well the solution is quite easy. The search term is "Solid State Interface Relay", somethng like a Digikey  277-2384-ND  (Phoenix Contact 2980144). Wire between your digital outout and a power relay. You will need a seperate PSU for the power relay. Use changeover contacts on the power relay to change the polarity of your PSU.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,834 Views)