From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of hardware devices that allow use of Watchdog

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all.  Is there a list of cDAQ/cRIO/PXIe chassis/controllers that allow use of Watchdog?  I know that the cDAQ NI-9188XT allows it, although the NI-9188 does not.

Watchdog is very helpful for our situation, so we wanted to know what chassis and other hardware devices allow for Watchdog usage.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,683 Views)

Hi Dhouston,

The Watchdog timer is included in the NI-DAQmx API for the NI cDAQ-9188XT, NI X Series DAQ boards, and also several industrial digital I/O (DIO) boards.

In the following link you can fins a list of the NI X Series USB, PCIe and PXIe cards that support Watchdog timer: http://sine.ni.com/np/app/main/p/ap/daq/lang/en/pg/1/sn/n17:daq,n21:41/fmid/2869/

To know more about how to use and Implement the Watchdog Timer with NI-DAQmx follow this link: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/14616/en/

Thanks,

Mauricio

Message 2 of 5
(3,646 Views)

Wow, thanks for that.  Tragic that we don't have any of those already.  I don't see any cRIO items in this list, but I have read threads which speak about cRIO and Watchdog together.  Are only certain cRIO chassis/controllers capable of using Watchdog?

Kudos are coming your way.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,642 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dhouston

Hi 

It is always possible to include a watchdog proces in a crio, depending how much room is left ....

greetings from the Netherlands
Message 4 of 5
(3,631 Views)

That is great to know.  So we can just code in the Watchdog and it should work on the cRIO.  We have some cRIO-9104 chassis with cRIO-9014 controllers that we inherited from another department, so knowing we can use Watchdog on those will help with not having to purchase additional hardware with Watchdog capability.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,619 Views)