From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lecroy WaveSurfer 3054 VICP connection issues

Hi, I am trying to interface with the wavesurfer 3054 which only has the option for TCP/IP connection. I have installed the VICP passport however my machine does not accept the resource string VICP::ip address. Using the string TCPIP0::ip address::inst0::INSTR works however it only outputs WARNING : CURRENT REMOTE CONTROL INTERFACE IS TCPIP. Any help to fix my issues would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,917 Views)

Forgot to mention when I use the VICP::ip address string the error is simply:

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,916 Views)

Hi Mican,

Have you seen the following community post? It seems very similar to your issue.

Can you ping your device?

Message 3 of 6
(3,874 Views)

Hi Kodester

Yes I can ping my device, what community post are you referring to? Did you mean to link one, if so I may have already seen it as I have tried looking at all the posts I could find and couldn't fix my issue that way.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,866 Views)

Hi Mickan,

I am receiving the same message.  Did you ever solve this?  It is happy to respond to *IDN? but anything else the response is WARNING: CURRENT REMOTE CONTROL INTERFACE IS TCPIP

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,403 Views)

Sorry I never managed to fix it and ended up swapping to another piece of equipment.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,398 Views)