Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview VISA does not work after installing of Visa 2.6

I have Labview 6.02. After installing VISA 2.6, when I use VISA funtions in Labview, I get a class conflict.
Maybe something went wrong in the installation of VISA ver 2.6? (How can I check?)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,075 Views)
I would suggest running one of the simple shipping examples like the Serial Communication.vi with the serial port looped back. If you can't get the simple examples to work, I would suggest uninstalling VISA 2.6 completely. Check MAX to make sure it is uninstalled. Next, install the latest version of VISA 3.0.1.

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/C136D5E8B4D8E77886256D6B005A4EB5?opendocument&node=132070_US

I hope this helps out.

-Josh
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,075 Views)
This is kind of a guess. The "class conflict" may indicate that VISA didn't find your LabVIEW directory, and so it didn't install the right pieces for LabVIEW to find.

Look in your \resource folder and see if you see a "visarc" file. If it's not there, that's your problem. You might try uninstalling/reinstalling VISA, and ensure that it finds the correct LabVIEW directory during the install.

If the "visarc" file is present in the right location, I'm not sure what the problem is.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,075 Views)