From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labivew program for KE6487 picoammeter

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear nyc ..

I agree the solution to my parameter problem will be in the manual (which by the way I am still looking at in attempt to find solution to the error) and haven't had success until now.

As my understanding is this forum is designed to help solve problem/guide programmers .. If you have an "useful information or guidance" I am all ear's but if you don't then stop wasting time by posting .. 

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(5,193 Views)

I am attaching my VI for sweep using Keithley 6487 picoammeter (Vary the voltage and measure the current) ..

All works but I have one question .. I copied the memory part (buffer element) from another program and I do not know how it is working .. I have tried replicating it to understand it but I have failed .. Can anyone provide a brief description of how it works .. (Screenshot attached)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(5,133 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HamzaZG

Got my program to work .. Attaching it here maybe someone will find it useful

Message 13 of 19
(5,013 Views)

Dear friends,

i am reading a current of resister through 6517b using labview2009.when i connected 1k resister and apply 5v through 6517b the current was in milliampares and labview read this fine.but when i changed the value to 1mega ohm the current was in micro ampares and each time i fetch this value trough labview create tick tick voice may be a relay voice.but i need to read this current without voice in nano and pico ampares also.Can anyone tell me what mistake i am doing.?In milliampares its fine but as the current down to micro or nano voice generates each time?????????????????????

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(4,966 Views)
The noise must be coming from the instrument. You haven't attached any code but you should be able to manually setup the instrument. Have you done that?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(4,954 Views)

dear friend good morning,

how can i manually select the instrument could you please discuss this point in detail????i think the voice generated is relay voice which is generated due to shifting of current limits between milliampare to picoampare????when the meter is connected to labview remotly auto range is selected but meter shows a fast switching between miili amps to pico amps range????how can i fix this the meter read current in micro and pico in auto range selection and generate now tick tick voice.my vi is attached which i made i labview 2009.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(4,942 Views)
Manually means pressing buttons on the front panel of the instrument.

If you don't want auto-ranging, don't program it. There is a command to select a specific range.

There is an old an unsupported driver. Have you looked at it?
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(4,937 Views)

Dear friend:

As your suggestion i check manually the current of resister of 1megaohm which is approximatly 5micro ampares through electrometer 6517b in auto setting.Then i check through labview and set the auto setting and measure current which is approximatly 5micro ampares but each time the labview read the new value through electrometer display the voice of tick tick is coming through meter.again when i connect the 1 kilo ohm resister draws current in milli ampares each time the labview softwares read the display giving no voice.I select also 20ma,20ua,200ua,20na,200na,20pa current ranges differently through labview for 1mega ohm resister but at each range the tick tick voice comes and current in micro ampares.

please see my logic diagram as i attached earlier and read my this query and respond me .thanks

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(4,902 Views)

Hello,

I'd have a look at your program, but I cannot find the corresponding driver. The NI site point to Keithley that requires additional layers to install. Can you post the GPIB drivers you used as well? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(3,291 Views)