Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW program for HP 4194A Impedance/Gain-Phase analyzer

Hello,

Unfortunately, that functionality is not currently available. Maybe you can try another analyzer.

Regards,
Simran K
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 46
(4,641 Views)

That´s a 40k investment ... can´t do it

By the way how people (back then) got these frequencies (for log scale)?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 46
(4,633 Views)
The log and linear scales affect the display only.  Scanned frequencies do not change.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 46
(4,624 Views)

Sorry, I misled you ... (forget about scale)...it´s about logarythmic SCAN frequencie I am after...

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 46
(4,617 Views)

Hi Brian,

I downloaded your example for the 4194A.  It works great right off the start. I was wondering if I could somehow extract phase info as well (or if you had another example .vi), over the same range of frequencies, and save it in a table.  I eventually want to build my own, but I currently need to get some data off it in a short period of time.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 46
(4,310 Views)
The first sweep is for impedance and phase.  Impedance is the "A" array data, phase is the "B" array data.  All you have to is grab the B array data.  Either right before or right after this program gets the A array(WRITE "A?" then READ), do the same thing for B(WRITE "B?" then READ).
Message 26 of 46
(4,301 Views)

Hi everybody,

New user of LabVIEW, I am working with LabVIEW 6.1. I have been looking for drivers to use the HP 4194A Impedance Gain-Phase Analyzer, but I have only found drivers for the versions 7.0 and 8.0 of LabVIEW. Couldyou help me finding the drivers for LabVIEW 6.1 (at least 6.0) for the HP 4194A analyzer ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Frédéric. 

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 46
(4,023 Views)

Hello,

You can send an email to instrument.drivers@ni.com to see if a previous version of this driver is available.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 46
(3,992 Views)
Thank you for the e-mail adress. I have just done it. I hope a previous version of the drivers still exists.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 46
(3,963 Views)

Wow, thanks a lot!

I have been reading a manual and tying to figure out how to read whole array at once for half a day :). And overlooked this point in the manual...

It is just as simple as possible: "A?" and that's it Smiley Happy

FYI the oficial driver on idnet lacks the most needed functionaly of getting the results from instrument. It is strange situation. (Or I am so stupid that I have missed it 🙂 ). In the example the functions to set cursors and read their value are used to read one sample (averaged, I think). Nothing said about array reading. I was ready to read data point by point in a loop moving a cursor :(.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 46
(2,760 Views)