Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW program for HP 4194A Impedance/Gain-Phase analyzer

Thanks, Ill let you know how it goes

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 46
(1,319 Views)

Hello,

Thanks to everyone for this subject.

We have an "HP 4194A Impedance/Gain-Phase Analyzer" in our lab. However, some of the critical buttons (ZERO SHORT, ZERO OPEN) of the hardware do not function or suddenly stop functioning before I can complete the ZERO SHORT, ZERO OPEN compensations. So, unfortunately, I cannot complete the ZERO SHORT, ZERO OPEN compensations before the actual measurements. We have a *.vi installed in a computer, however this *.vi does not have the capability to perform ZERO SHORT, ZERO OPEN compensations from the computer that the *.vi is used to control the "HP 4194A Impedance/Gain-Phase Analyzer" hardware. Could you please let me know where I can find a *.vi that has the capability to measure G-B vs. frequency, or R-X vs. frequency after being able to do the ZERO SHORT, ZERO OPEN compensations using the *.vi.

Looking forward to your timely reply.

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 46
(320 Views)

I think all my 4194A VI's are long gone, but you should be able to do this via an onboard program.  I forget what they call them, but you can create all the steps, including the compensations, and then run the program from the pushbuttons.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 46
(311 Views)

Thanks very much, Highland_Controls.

I searched for "compen*.vi" in the computer that has the LabVIEW that is used for controlling the HP 4194A Impedance/Gain-Phase analyzer in our lab. I was able to find the relevant *.vi.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 46
(303 Views)

Wow, I thought I was the only one that still had one of these units.  Unfortunately I shelved mine.  Post O/S compensation always had a weird bump in the Z results and I did not trust the lower frequency Rs data.  Not sure what might cause this or where it might be serviced if it can be serviced.      

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 46
(297 Views)
Spoiler
I did find my old VI's. I am just using GPIB Write to send raw commands
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 46
(288 Views)