From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW driver for Agilent 4338B / 4339B

We would like to obtain a LabVIEW  driver for our Agilent 4338B milli-ohmeter. Agilent have informed me that they do not have one written. I have downloaded the driver for the 4339B meter, from the NI web site and this will take readings from the instrument with a could of issues.

Ideally we would like to obtain the driver for the 4338B, but failing that, would appreciate assistance debugging the 4339B driver.

regards,
Kennedy Landles
Optocap Limited
Livingston, Scotland
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,639 Views)
Firstly, I would make a request for the driver on www.ni.com/idnet so that we can at least track the interest in the driver and possibly look at developing one if there is enough interest. When you use the 4339B driver with your device, what issues are you having. Does some functionality work perfectly whilst other doesn't? What kind of errors are you getting? Could this be explained by the differences in device spec? If you give me more information, I'll help you as best as I can, but without the actual hardware, this can be a difficult task. Another option (but will cost money) is to contact one of our alliance members, who could develop the driver for you. Let me know your thoughts.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,616 Views)

All,

I am also trying to use the 4339 Driver with the 4338b Meter. Could you please tell me what issues you were having with the driver?  This will enable me to make modifications to the driver quicker. You can have a copy once I am done, if you want.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,576 Views)