From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV does not see GPIB via VISA

Hy you all,

I know there ar lots of topics arroud concerning this problem. And yes I have tried a lott. The closet thread I have found might be this one, but that also seems to hang:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/170/thread-id/985238/page/1

So to come to my problem:

I have an ADLINK USB-3488A  USB to GPIB converter. With this there is an Agilent Power-Supply  6655A conected.

I worked with this setup quite well with a Win7-32bit LV2014-32bit system (except that it is an old slow PC). So I wanted to shift to a new system with Win7-64bit and LV2014-64bit were I cannot see the device in my LV-VIs.

All relevant system settings could hopefully be seen in the attached imaged (one for the 32bit and one for the 64bit system).

- I do not see the GPIB device in MAX in the "Geräte und Schnittstellen" (nether in the 32bit or the 64bit system)

- I can do the *IDN?\n in the VISA Interactive Control in both systems

- I see the alias in the 32bit

- do not see the alias  and I nether can directly (with a string constant) talk to the VISA in the 64bit

Any sugestions are warmly welcome. I'm at a point were I'm stuck.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,508 Views)