Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCR meter control

Hey,

I am trying to do a sweep across a voltage bias using the read measurement example and a for loop.  I can get the VI to sweep across the voltage level, and frequencies, but I can not get it to sweep across the voltage bias, any suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 46
(3,198 Views)

@SSP123 wrote:

Hey,

I am trying to do a sweep across a voltage bias using the read measurement example and a for loop.  I can get the VI to sweep across the voltage level, and frequencies, but I can not get it to sweep across the voltage bias, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Yes, read the manual to understand what the command being sent is and what that command does and what other commands are available with this instrument.

How do you expect to control an instrument without understanding how it works?

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 46
(3,189 Views)

Hi,

I'm a newbie with Labview programming.

Right now I am trying to create a program for Agilent E4980 LCR meter as attached.

Basically, I'd like to create a program with below conditions

1. The program will work on sweep frequency

2. Sweep points will depend on the input of the user.. as for the case of E4980, user input would be from 1 to 200.

3. Transfer the LCR Meter Reading/Measurement result into  excel file.

But my current program didnt work as expected. 🙂

My program is working on sweep frequency based on the user input on sweep points but the program continue to run right after it reached the specified sweep points by the user. Plus measurement result transfer to excel seems not working also. 😉

With this, I'd like to ask some help/idea to solve this problem.

Thank you.

Girlie

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 46
(3,158 Views)

Hi Geng,

What is the condition to stop the loop? Is it compared to the user input? I did not see that in your program. Maybe you need more programming to stop your program since it seems it may be limited by some user input value.

Eric NI

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 46
(3,149 Views)

Hi Eric,

Actually, that's one of my problem also.

Suppose to be, my program should stop when it reached the final  frequency points then it should also transfer the data to excel.

But I have tried several conditions in my for loop but still it keeps on re-looping right after the final frequency points.

Thank you.

Geng

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 46
(3,140 Views)

What would happen if you put a False constant inside the "Start Button: Value Change" Event case and then wire that constant to the while loop's stop terminal condition? 

Just wondering...

Nathan S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 46
(3,121 Views)

Hi Nathan,

I have tried what you suggested but the result is still the same...The program still keeps on re-looping right after its final frequency point.

Thank you.

Geng

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 46
(3,117 Views)

Dear Dennis,

I downloaded the LabView Driver for Agilent E4980. My purpose is to measure the Cp-DF with frequency sweep. However, I find the example in this drive "Agilent E4980 read measurement.vi" has a error code - wrong wiring, It turns out "Configure Measurement Signal.vi" doesn't allow the frequency input. May I have your help, please? I'm quite new with LabView.

I tried to replace "Current Frequency" in "Configure Measurement Signal.vi" with a while loop so that I can realize frequency sweep. But I have no idea how I could use this VI in "read measurement.vi".

Thanks,

Johnson

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 46
(2,987 Views)

Hi Johnson,

Can you post where you got the driver for the E4980?  Which version of LabVIEW are you using?

Thanks,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 46
(2,958 Views)

Hi, Dennis,

Thanks for replying.

I got the driver from NI website, http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=2DDE691A01153D65E0440003BA7CCD...

Since I use labview 2012, the driver I downloaded is Labview 2010 version.

Thanks.

Johnson

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 46
(2,913 Views)