From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley Pulsed 2602a

Hey Experts/All 

I am relatively new to using the LabView coding for Keithley 

I am looking to build LabView VI which can pulse a source function and measure a function. 

Any VI to build on while be useful. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,844 Views)

the 26xx series is not easy to program, I did not see a good driver yetand I have a lot of experience.

the 24xx series was much easier but also more limited.

I sure can try to find some vi'but maybe tell us what your goal exactly is.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,827 Views)

Hey Albert, 

Thank you for getting back. 

My goal is as the following, 

I am trying to study the change in transerve resistance( Hall resistance) of a magnetic thin Hall bar structure. 

The transerve resistance is propoitional to the magnetic moments vertical component. 
When there is enough current the magnetic moment's directiion will change which chages the Hall-resistance also. 

This change is very much dependent how the current is being induced. Since i am working with a very thin Hall bar ~100 nm. I cannot pass a large currents without avoiding joule-heating effects and ulitimately no good results. 

So i am looking for a way to pass a pulse-current while i collect the Hall-resistance (using a 4-wire sense-mode).  The things i am looking to control in the pulse are as follows

1. The amplitude of the pulse

2. The FWHM of the pulse 

3. Off-time and On-time

4. Number of pulses

Also we have a KX2400 series as well in the lab. 

It will be great if you can share a Vi which has the capabilities.

If you are willing to share the VI please private message me your details so that i can inlude them in the acknowledgments.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,825 Views)

Hello AJN,

You might already be aware, but it looks like we do at least have a 3rd party driver for this device on the driver network: http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=7117

It looks like it's pretty old (last updated 2011 according to Tektronix) but it could give you a starting point if you haven't seen it already.

Cason

Applications Engineering, NI

Cassandra Longley
Senior Technical Support Engineer - FlexRIO, High Speed Serial and VRTS
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,793 Views)

Hey Cason,

Thank you for the link. 

I have already tried to use that driver for countinous sweeps. 

The Pulsed script is not as straight forward as the other ones. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,791 Views)

AJN,

I did a bit of searching, and possibly found a few other instances of people discussing doing Pulsed measurements with the 2602 in LabVIEW. They might give you a bit more direction.

https://forum.tek.com/viewtopic.php?t=6586

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Keithley-2600-remote-pulse-sweep-scripts/td-p/1105373

Also, if you haven't yet, you might want to look either on the Keithley forums or talk to Keithley support. They might be able to give you some more specific guidance on how to use this device in general.

Cason

Applications Engineering, NI

Cassandra Longley
Senior Technical Support Engineer - FlexRIO, High Speed Serial and VRTS
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,771 Views)