Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 2636A Error Code: 5042

Hi, 

When using the attached to do a pulse sweep with the 2636A in labview, I get the following error:

Error code: 5042 - cannot perform requested action while overlapped operation is in progress.

Also, some of the included sample files give the same error.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,203 Views)

Hello,

Without the device itself it is going to be quite hard to see this error and work out what might be causing it. I found the following post on a Keithley forum that seems to cover the same error:

http://forum.keithley.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3264

The link to the reference manual did not work for me but I have found a copy of the 2600A reference manual here:

http://www.keithley.com/knowledgecenter/knowledgecenter_pdf/2600AS-901-01--E-Aug%202011--Ref.pdf

Other than that I would check all of the actions that you are performing with the device to see if there are any conflicts where the same resource is needed for several tasks which could bring about an error such as this.

Kind Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,187 Views)

Hi JRy,

I didn't check your program, but the waitcomplete() command could help you. It will wait for one operation to stop, before the next one starts.

Good luck

Guenther

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,177 Views)

Hello,

Even I am facing the same problem. Did you rectify that problem, if so, how did you do it.?

Can please help me out.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,880 Views)

Hi,

I know this post is old but had the same problem and fixed it.  I was trying to send commands that interfered with the measurement before it was done.

As GuentherS said above the waitcomplete() command helped me. After sending the smua.trigger.initiate() command I used the waitcomplete() before doing the next command whihc let the 2602A finish the sweep.

Hope that helps somebody!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,435 Views)