Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 2400 Problems

Solved!
Go to solution

use the example

In the menu goto  Help / Find examples

In the example finder goto Hardware input output / instrument drivers / LabVIEW plug and play

try Keithley 24XX Output List and Acquire.vi

greetings from the Netherlands
Message 11 of 33
(4,061 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I tried Keithley 24XX Output List and Acquire.vi , but when I run the file there are errors as: Sub VI is missing. is there any way to solve this?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 33
(4,046 Views)

Is your NI Software up to date? I had the same problem once and I used the NI Update Service to update the Software. 

Which SubVIs are missing?

Message 13 of 33
(4,038 Views)

Sub VI missing is solved ba replacing the file.  When I run the keithley 24xx output list and acquire.vi i have an error. you can see in attached file.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 33
(4,027 Views)

The error is that you ask something from the K2400 that is not allowed.

Could it be that the combination of 0.1 Amp compliance and 0.1 Volt is not allowed?

What is the Voltage limit?

It is possibkle that the order in which the limits and source voltage is programmed generate such an error,

What vi did you replace?

In my system the example  loaded without errors

Message 15 of 33
(4,000 Views)

First, the examples did not run because of wrong path directory . Hence I saved Keithley 24xx in instr.lib of labview 2013 . I chose current rang as 1 mA and voltage limit as 1 mV.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 33
(3,977 Views)

I'm a bit confused about using Labview with Keithley 2400.  Does it need to send any command through communicator to keithley240xx ?

Because I thought , I just have to connect the keithley to my laptop and then run the Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33
(3,970 Views)
You are communicating to the instrument with LabVIEW so I don't understand your question.

One thing to check is if the driver is correctly using your local decimal settings. Try changing to a period and see if that makes a difference.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 33
(3,962 Views)
That are small lomits.
And indeed the driver is expected to be in the instr.lib.
If you installfrom labview it will automatically be installed there.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33
(3,952 Views)

Hello People,

I am having the problem with the keythley 2400 sourcemeter. While working or measuring my solar devices this instrument is getting turned off and i have to switch it on again to work. Please suggest some solution...having hard time resolving it. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33
(3,693 Views)