Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 2400: How to turn off the beep on 'enable output'

Hi,

I'm using 2 Keithley 2400 in a measurement setup. The outputs of the devices are being switched on and off a lot of times. Therefore, they are always 'beeping".

How do I programmatically turn of those beeps? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(9,815 Views)

@Bommelchen wrote:

Hi,

I'm using 2 Keithley 2400 in a measurement setup. The outputs of the devices are being switched on and off a lot of times. Therefore, they are always 'beeping".

How do I programmatically turn of those beeps? 

What does the programmer's manual say?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(9,810 Views)

STATe <b>
:SYSTem:BEEPer:STATe <b> Enable or disable beeper
Parameters <b> = 1 or ON Enable beeper
0 or OFF Disable beeper
Query :STATe? Query state of beeper
Description This command is used to enable or disable the beeper. When enabled, a
short beep is provided to signal that a front panel key has been pressed.

This only works for the front panel keys, but not for the output enabled beep?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(9,800 Views)
You can easily test it yourself by entering the commands in MAX. If it doesn't do what you want, you need to contact Keithley. It's not an issue with NI hardware or software, in my opinion.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(9,795 Views)
As far as i know is the function available in the driver found at idnet.
The emit beep function has a boolean enable beep and when set to false it disables beeping
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(9,779 Views)

Here is the exact command I used to turn off that very annoying beep for the Keithley 2425.  You will need to send this command after every reset if you want it to stay off.

:SYST:BEEP:STAT OFF

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 12
(9,777 Views)

According to the User Manual of the 2400, the command which crossrulz recommends should also work with the 2400

Model 2400 Series SourceMeter User's Manual - Keithley2400Manual.pdf
http://research.physics.illinois.edu/bezryadin/labprotocol/Keithley2400Manual.pdf

Page 399, at the bottom of the page.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(9,759 Views)

@Stephan_D wrote:

According to the User Manual of the 2400, the command which crossrulz recommends should also work with the 2400.

It had better.  They are in the same series after all.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(9,751 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Here is the exact command I used to turn off that very annoying beep for the Keithley 2425.  You will need to send this command after every reset if you want it to stay off.

:SYST:BEEP:STAT OFF

Thanks mate worked like a charm 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(7,466 Views)

Look into the SYSTem subsystem section for the 2400 manual (Table 18-9).  The default setting for the SMU is to power-up in RESET mode which turns the Beeper back (ON).  This can be changed to any of the other

:SYST:POS <name>

options as well that will allow you to set the Beep (OFF) and keep it off through power cycles.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(7,406 Views)