Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 2220-30-1 extra voltage

What I am trying to do is to control the power supply where I can control the voltage step at time intervals. My issue is that each time i run the VI the 2nd channel is not being used will give out a readoing of 1V and this 1V will affect the readings when i try to control both channels of the psu simultaneously which also will lead to constant change in the readings displayed on the psu. Why does this extra voltage appear when i run this VI. Is there anyway to eliminate it so that I may have full control of both the channels. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,280 Views)

Move the *RST before the while loop and don't do it for each update.

Further, your style of programming leads to accidents, you don't have an overview anymore what happens when if it gets more complex.

use diagram cleanup to organize and use subvi's to hide the actual code going to the instrument.

Also why not use the instrumentdriver that is available for the keithley psu's

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,269 Views)

I tried putting *RST before the while loop i have full control but when i do this channel 1 seems to have small fluctuations in the readings when i try to automate the increment and channel 2 seems to update itself on the psu at a very slow rate which im not sure whats the update rate in this case. Is there a way to synchronize the updates?

I am bound to university's computer which does not allow me full access to files/drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,253 Views)