Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Julabo F25 Cooler Control

So I'm automating some testing for a company and I'm not too familiar with Labview. I have some Sylvac digital gages (that I have working properly) and a F25-ME Refrigerated/Heating Circulator. I'm currently having trouble getting any input from it. I downloaded a sample VI I found on these forums for a different Julabo and when I use the command to get actual bath temperature the operation times out. I've checked the baud rate and all the other serial settings on the actual cooler and they match what I have in Labview. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,288 Views)
Get out the manual and compare what you are sending to what you are supposed to be sending. Also check of you are using the correct type of cable (null-modem or straight-through).

You have not provided any details such as your code or the manual so it's impossible to say exactly what you have done wrong.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,283 Views)

Well I was just using a sample VI from Julabos website, but I checked the cable and I was provided with straight through cables for this and as I found that's not correct. I have never used Labview or interfaced through the RS232, so I wasn't aware of this. Although the post seemed pointless, your reply actually helped me a ton. I appreciate it. I've ordered null modem cables and I hope the Julabo drivers work properly for this model. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,248 Views)

So I've integrated the bath with the new cable and I can make it work with the exact VI for the bath but the second I put it in the same VI as this Sylvac gage all I can get out of the bath is timeout errors on visa read. I assume it's because they're sometimes reading in unison or something along those lines but I'm not sure as I'm not very experienced with this. 

Short story - that VI for the bath works, but when thrown in the same one as the gage, it gets timeout errors.

Any ideas or suggestions? I've tried changing the bytes to read, I tried putting a wait between the write and read on the bath, I've tried putting a wait before both, I've tried many things but most of them are suggestions to slightly related problems or shots in the dark.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,201 Views)

With the Gage you are not opening up VISA serial communication to it.

They cannot both be on the same COM port.

With your VI as currently written, it will do one reading of the Gage and one of the Bath.

Message 5 of 5
(5,192 Views)