From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IviDCPwr_InterchangeCheck in IVI driver causes "Missing Protoype"

I am trying to use the Xantrex IVI Power Supply driver, XanM9B to control a Xantrex PSU.

When I add the Xantrex .fp file to a project, LabWindows compiles associated .c and fails, unable to locate a prototype for the function IviDCPwr_InterchangeCheck(vi, "XanM9B_Initiate");
This also happens if I try and create an .obj file from the Xantrex .c file (there is no .dll file supplied).

Is the function "IviDCPwr_InterchangeCheck" a feature of LabWindows 6.0? As it does not appear to be defined in LabWindows 5.5.1.

Versions of software that I'm using:
- LabWindows 5.5.1
- NI VISA (Runtime) 3.01
- MAX 3.0
- IVI Compliance Package 2.1

Thanks,
Alan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,534 Views)
Hi,

I'm thinking that installer does not update all your files.

IviDCPwr_InterchangeCheck() is checking interchange warnings and this function should be in ivi.h file. Try find all ivi.h files on your PC and compare it with some Merge program (like Araxis Merge, WinMerge). The possible locations of this file is c:\Program Files\IVI\include; c:\VXIpnp\WinNT\include and your CVI directory. I'm thinking that your ivi.h in CVI will be different as ivi.h in IVI directory. Try replace it with newer file.

I'm afraid that you will have troubles with linker too, because ivi.lib may be will different too. IVI directory should contains the last one.

Zdenek
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,534 Views)
Thanks,
I think I've fixed this now. The installation of IVI Compliance Package 2.1 left old versions of ivi.lib, ivi.h and ivi.lfp in the C:\MeasurementStudio\cvi\... folders. This folder must be in the search path before the c:\Program Files\IVI\... and c:\VXIpnp\WinNT\include\... paths. By renaming the IVI.* files in the C:\MeasurementStudio\cvi\... folder all seems to work fine now.

Thanks for your help,
Alan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,534 Views)
Hi Alan,

I am glad all works for you now. I would like however to clarify one thing:

The IVI Compliance Package 2.x installer supports and recognizes only the last two versions of CVI (CVI 6.0 & 7.0). That is the reason why the IVI files in your CVI 5.5 version haven't been updated by the ICP 2.1 installation.

Regards,

Vesna Jadric
Instrument Drivers/IVI
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,534 Views)
Thanks Vesna,

I've now discovered that! Things aren't working quite as I had expected and we're planning on upgrading LabWindows on all of our workstations. Unfortunately we have quite a few and the upgrade process will not take place until January!

Are there anyway versions of IVI that I can upgrade to, while still using Labwindows 5.5.1?

Thanks,
Alan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,534 Views)
Alan,

Any other version of IVI will not work with the latest Xantrax driver because the ICP 2.x is the required software.

Thanks,
Vesna
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,534 Views)