Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IviCounter class compliant specific driver using daqmx calls

Are there any plans for NI to create IviCounter compliant specific driver for any of NI Counter/Timer HW like 

NI PXI-6602 ? In our application it is mandatory for us to use IviCounter interface which means we will have to create

counter class compliant specific driver using daqmx calls. We're trying to map IviCounter interface to daqmx interface,

which is not always straight-forward. Any suggestions ?

Thank you,

Radek Pozdnicek

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,357 Views)

Dear Radek!

Unfortunately, there is no IVI Driver for 660x counters as their functionality and capabilities were generally designed with DAQmx in mind. As for driver development, what is the environment you're using? Are there any specific issues you're struggling with? If you have some issues or you seek guidance in a particular task, please let me know.

Kind regards:

Andrew Valko
National Instruments Hungary
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,301 Views)

Dear Andrew!

I am using LabwindowsCVI 2013. I started with generating  Counter compliant source code with the CVi integrated generator than within specific driver code I continued with mapping the IviCounter attributes, values and functions to Daqmx attributes valus functions. I understand this in general will not be one to one mapping.. I try to map as much as I can and let you know, thanks for reply.

Radek Pozdnicek 

Honeywell Aerospace

Brno, Czech Republic

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,870 Views)